Below are four reasons to keep an eye on the development of the DeLand Municipal Airport.
1) The area is already home to several large businesses and industries that you may not know about.
- Kingspan is a large, multinational company that manufactures insulated panels. Their USA headquarters is in DeLand.
- Davita is a national dialysis company with that has a DeLand office employing hundreds of people.
- The skydive industry has a major presence thanks to Skydive DeLand, as well as other industry manufacturers.
- Open 24 hours per day.
- Owned and operated by the city of DeLand.
- Has two intersecting runways.
- Properties for construction with lots ranging from 2 acres to 35 acres.
- Various rental properties.
- Over 100 aviation, manufacturing and commercial companies that adjoin the airport.
This new industry will likely attract industry companies, much like the skydive industry did in DeLand. There are also plans to create a "sport aircraft village" at the airport that will become a hub for the industry.
As you can see, there is a historical trend of new businesses calling the airport area home. We can expect that trend to continue as we look forward to a new industry that will likely position DeLand as an aviation destination.