- What?: Courtyard by Marriott. Planned: 5 Stories with 104 Rooms. Expect it to have all of the perks standard with the brand: Pool, "Courtyard" area with Fire Pit, Fitness Room, Meeting Space, Bistro.
- Where?: 308 N. Woodland Blvd.
- When?: Deconstruction of the existing building on the property (the Gould Building) has already begun. Construction on the hotel should take an estimated 12-18 months.
- Who?: Developer: Avista Hotels & Resorts.
- Why?: DeLand is growing. Demand for hotel space has risen with the influx of new activities in the Downtown core and the continued enrollment growth at Stetson. This growth is essential to the continued health of the local economy. People want to be in DeLand, and that's a good thing leading to: increased property values, wage growth, revenue for city betterment projects, and more.
- What to Watch For?: What happens later with the Bank of America Building. The developer purchased this property as well to complete the hotel site. This is likely ideal for additional retail to extend downtown and support the hotel in the coming years.
It's true. There will be a hotel in Downtown DeLand. And not just any hotel, but a hotel flying under the flag of Marriott. Ready for the quick facts? Here's your briefing:
Our featured listing this month is a beautiful 3 bedroom and 3 bathroom home at 145 N. Garfield Ave., within walking distance of Stetson University and Downtown DeLand. This historic "Florida Style" home was built in 1937 and still contains the original pine wood floors. Walking through makes it feel like you are stepping back in time to the DeLand of yesteryear.
Since the invention of the smartphone, apps have made our lives easier in many different ways. From health to personal finance to social media, there are probably a handful of apps that you probably use on a regular basis.
DeLand contains many fabulous communities and subdivisions throughout town. Some of the communities on the south side of town (Victoria Park, Saddlebrook, etc.) are convenient for many residents, providing easy access to Interstate 4. However, if you are looking for more of a laid back and rural atmosphere, North DeLand has a community that might be the perfect place for you to hang your hat.
Swann Real Estate
Swann Real Estate has been an established part of the local community since 1987.