- What?: Courtyard by Marriott. Planned: 5 Stories with 104 Rooms. Expect it to have all of the perks standard with the brand: Pool, "Courtyard" area with Fire Pit, Fitness Room, Meeting Space, Bistro.
- Where?: 308 N. Woodland Blvd.
- When?: Deconstruction of the existing building on the property (the Gould Building) has already begun. Construction on the hotel should take an estimated 12-18 months.
- Who?: Developer: Avista Hotels & Resorts.
- Why?: DeLand is growing. Demand for hotel space has risen with the influx of new activities in the Downtown core and the continued enrollment growth at Stetson. This growth is essential to the continued health of the local economy. People want to be in DeLand, and that's a good thing leading to: increased property values, wage growth, revenue for city betterment projects, and more.
- What to Watch For?: What happens later with the Bank of America Building. The developer purchased this property as well to complete the hotel site. This is likely ideal for additional retail to extend downtown and support the hotel in the coming years.
Swann Real Estate
Swann Real Estate has been an established part of the local community since 1987.