2) A Quality Glass of Wine. The Elusive Grape is located in Historic Downtown DeLand, within walking distance of more than 20 restaurants and dozens of boutique stores. It is the perfect place to relax and watch the people and cars go by on Woodland Blvd. If your significant other is a wine fan, joining their Wine Club might make the perfect gift that will last all year long. Experience new wines every month to sip and savor. Members get a chance to bring home a bottle of wine or two to enjoy every month along with other exclusive offerings.
3) Elegant Local Fare. Cress Restaurant is a critically acclaimed restaurant located on Indiana Ave. that serves globally inspired food with a determined emphasis on quality local & sustainable ingredients. All food is sourced locally from independent farms and suppliers. For dinner, they offer a diverse 3-course prix-fixed menu or an exciting Chef's Choice Tasting menu from Chef Hari Pulapaka. You can see their Valentines menu here. Don’t forget reservations! It is sure to fill up quickly.
4) Flowers. Valentine's Day is the busiest time of year for flower shops, but the Floral Boutique always has top-notch service and quality flowers. The Floral Boutique purchased Stetson Flower Shop and employs the top floral designers that made Stetson Flower Shop famous for so many years. If you are looking to spend a little more than supermarket flowers, this is your best bet. However, don’t wait until the day of to purchase your flowers. To be guaranteed the best roses, place your order ahead of time. Delivery is available.
5) A Show at the Athens. Nothing says I love you like the theater. You may not be able to make it to Broadway, or even the Dr. Phillips Center, but the Athens Theater
has quality shows and talent in our own backyard. They do not have any shows on Valentine's Day, but you can still surprise your sweetheart with tickets to shows such as "James and The Giant Peach" or "Driving Miss Daisy."
6) Downtown Shopping. Downtown DeLand has many specialty stores and shops to surprise her with that special gift or to take her shopping. A favorite of many is Anna Bannanas. Repurposed, recycled and reclaimed. That’s what Anna Bananas is all about: the creative use of old materials to create something entirely new, different and beautiful. The store offers an eclectic mix of reasonably priced home décor, scented candles and a wonderful line of all natural local hand made soaps. Find that perfect accent piece for your home such as that artwork you’ve been looking for.