It is highly likely that you are familiar with this style, and you may even be fan without even knowing it. Here are a few reasons that you may love midcentury modern:
- You love simple lines, pure form and function. These are classic characteristics of the design.
- You adore the 50s and 60s and are a fan of the decor used in the A&E series Mad Men, which almost exclusively showed this style.
- You appreciate well-thought out patterns
- You love classic design. This includes pieces from antiques and second-hand shops and vintage fairs.
- You forgo bright colors in favor of simple neutrals, unless its artwork. Dusty grays, light teal, duck egg and Nordic blues and in some cases feminine pastels are your go-to color choices.
- Your favorite decorating style is chic and sleek.
- You like your furniture to sit low to the ground.
- You never forget that good design is all about the details.