We interviewed a few Bent Oaks residents, and they had the following things to say about why this community is where they call home.
- The streets are quiet and peaceful, with no new construction.
- Everyone feels safe, with hardly any crime. There are no indiscriminate drivers, and neighbors look out for each other.
- There is a wide variety of ages represented, from families to grandparents. Everyone seems to interact with each other, regardless of age.
- It is a well maintained subdivision with clean streets and quality landscaping.
- For families with children, Bent Oaks is very close to Freedom Elementary School and DeLand Middle School, so kids can walk or bike to school.