What other national chains can DeLand expect? Only time will tell, but we can shed some light on why some of these retailers have DeLand in their sights.
"With the economy improving and our demographics (changing), the retailers are starting to take another look at DeLand." - Todd Swann
- Location. The new Country Club Corners Shopping Center is ideally located near two main roads that pass through major subdivisions. Highway 472 and Orange Camp Rd. both link to the subdivisions of Victoria Park, Saddlebrook, Bent Oaks, and the Timbers.
- Retailers look for key statistics such as population, household income, etc, in their market research. The data near Country Club Corners fits their criteria to project a successful store location.
- Retailers also look at traffic counts. As seen in the image below, the roads near the shopping center have a very high traffic counts due to the location near housing and Interstate 4.
- Growth rates are also an important factor that retailers take into consideration. See the projected growth rates (through 2020) in the graph below (from a one-mile radius of the shopping center).
- Additionally, retailers look at current market demand. Demographic and retail studies in an area can indicate where market demand is strongest. For example, the image below shows the concentration of people that have visited a Chick-fil-A in the last six months. The area in red shows the highest concentration (indicative of the aforementioned subdivisions). Think of where you live; when did you last visit a Chick-fil-A?
What other national brands would you like to see in DeLand?