1) Pretty Little Things. This shop carries a unique blend of vintage items, home décor and fashion. Favorite gift items include lovely frames, wall décor, wreaths, candles, table runners, and linens. They also carry unique items such as DeLand magnets and stickers designed by a local artist. With all of this variety, you are bound to splurge on yourself! For the latest inventory on new items, visit their Facebook page.
2) Wily Owl. Kids want the latest toys at Christmas, but gifts from the Wily Owl are always a hit with kids and kids at heart. Wily Owl Toy Store is “Deland’s Family Toy Store” featuring a wide variety of specialty toys and games that are developmental, educational, entertaining and fun. Each high-quality product has been researched and hand-picked to provide children of all ages with a rewarding, safe and truly memorable experience. Owner Vin Philip believes in being hands-on before purchasing, offering to let adults and kids alike open games and toys in the store.
3) Scullery Kitchen Provisions. For those that like to cook, this store has a unique blend of kitchen tools, decorations, and food. Unique gifts include mulled wine spices and golden whisks. Another favorite is the line of Dijon mustard such as the walnut, tarragon and provencal varieties. This is a must-stop for the favorite cook in your life. If you wander in and feel overwhelmed by all the delicious options, pick up one of the Scullery gift baskets for a gift that is guaranteed to satisfy your favorite foodie.
4) The Museum Gift Shop. Located inside the DeLand Museum of Art, the Museum Store at the main location, opposite Stetson University, offers a wide variety of books, original works of artist jewelry and pottery, fine art prints, greeting cards, postcards, stationery and children’s items. There is also a downtown satellite location that offers a wide variety of items from fine art posters, stationary and jewelry to kitchen gadgets, bar accessories, shirts, scarves and children’s art materials. Name brand items include Romero Britto, Design Ideas, Kikkerland Design, Spark, Franklin Lloyd Wright and others.
5) Gift Certificates. Don’t let gift giving bog you down. If after browsing these local favorites, you’re still stumped for a gift, consider a gift certificate to your favorite downtown location. An hour of relaxing lunchtime flow at Bodhi + Sol for a workaholic, a couple of lattes at Trilogy Coffee Roasting Company for an ever tired college student, or an escape adventure at MindQuest Deland for a couples date night.