Each year design companies and paint companies consider what may trend for the year, based upon sales history, forecasts and having an overall pulse on the market.
This year, “there is a notable shift from the warm colors that have dominated in the past to a prevalence of cooler hues,” reports Mary Lawlor, color marketing manager for Kelly-Moore Paints. Softer, soothing shades of gray, green, blue, pink, and white are expected to be popular in 2016 and may be the very thing that will help your house get noticed.
Below are the top ten colors you can expect to see more of in 2016:
1) Horizon Grey is an atmospheric, mid-toned gray.
2) Fiddlehead Fern, a crisp yellow-green.
3) Alabaster, a classic off-white.
4) Glass .02 is a gentle grey-green.
5) Air .07 is a delicate purple that is inspired by the lavender fields.
6) Simply White.
7) Paradise Found, a type of sage green.
8) Blue Cloud, a deep, sparkling blue hue.
9) Cappuccino White 45YY 74/073, a frothy, warm white.
10) Rose Quartz, a soft, seashell pink.
Hopefully these colors give you inspiration for the new year in your home!